RE: (ET) Colorado Tractor Pull Results

Hi Tim,

I haven't weighed the weights, but my best guess is about 25 lbs each.
I wish you luck and encourage you to prepare ahead of time for the fair
pull.

Make sure you're drive belt is in good shape.  My old belt was almost
dead.  The pull would have killed it for sure.  I put a new belt in a
day before the event and kept it REALLY tight in case it relaxed after
installation.

My E12M had the charger removed by the previous owner.  I thought mine
would be light in the front, but it wasn't... at least not by the 2nd
round.

Make sure your battery cables and connections are impeccable.  I noticed
an improvement when I replaced my old nasty cables.  Also, many of those
old nasty cables were the smaller "universal" lugs.  They were replaced
with standard automotive wrap around connectors.

Also, it would be best to recharge between pulls, but I realize there
may not be enough time.  There wasn't for me.  To really do well at
these events you'll need to figure out a way to replace some of the
charge.  Another tip would be to make sure the batteries are warmed up
to around 100 degrees for maximum transfer of power.

My E12 looks best from 20 feet.  If you get closer you'll see some rust
and bondo on the rear battery box.  The other panels were replaced in
'99.

A word of caution...  People just don't hear these stealthy electrics
with all the ambient noise at the pull.  I was like the invisible ghost
and part of the fun was seeing the surprised look on people's faces when
they finally noticed the danger!  So, please be careful as you drive
around at the event.

Later,
-Dave