Re: (ET) getting started with solar

To sell back power you require a utility interactive inverter.
It has to synchronize with the grid waveform and disconnect
if the grid power goes off.
Connecting the solar panels to the inverter depends
on the type of inverter you have. Some utility interactive
inverters require batteries and a charge controller to
regulate the charge on the batteries from the solar panels.
Other utility interactive inverters are stand alone and
have a junction box to connect the solar photovoltaic panels
to directly.
If you send specifics, I can look up where the hookup is
for whatever panels and inverter you have.
Jim Lynch
jimlynch poweredbysun com