Re: (ET) Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:17:54 -0500

John, the rear tires that you just acquired...would they perchance be Firestone, Town&Country snow tires, with holes in them for studs?

RJ Kanary
Member TRNi  Since 1998
ASE® Certified Master Auto Technician

rjkanary nauticom net

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 10:18 PM
Subject: (ET) Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:17:54 -0500

Met Bill Gunn today and his wife. Very nice people. And got my new mower deck. Absolutely beautiful.  It is rear discharge and cannot be converted. There are no baffles underneath. Bill says they are not required.  Rubber rollers. It cuts great. Looks like one blade did the work, not 3. I will have pictures, gotta figure out how to put them on a web site.
Now, Drive belts. How do I get them out? There is not enough room between the pulley and frame. Do I have to remove the pulley? Anything I should know about buying new belts?

John Briese
btw, put new wheels on it, same as E20, which are smaller diameter than the I5 tires. Tractor behaves much better with speed and power. Funny how much tire diameter affects power.