RE: (ET) Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:17:54 -0500

John,

 This spring I put the four tires form my E20 on the E14 because the ground was soft and I did not need ruts in the yard. When I went back to the smaller tires (E12) the tractor was MUCH easier to control. Also you can get closer to objects with out the tires hitting or scraping. So the W I D E tires look cool and float over soft ground better, but for normal use the smaller tires work better for control (it's like adding power steering) and do not use as many amps.

You might have to slide the pulley in on the shaft or drop the transaxle down a bit to get the belt off/on.

 Good to hear you got to see Bill.

 Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS

Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu

http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net

IP Phone 317.278.4014   Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.