RE: (ET) Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:17:54 -0500

I loosen the motor mount bolts.  As I recall they are in slots, and I used
pry bar against the motor to tension the belts while an co-conspirator
tightened the motor bolts.  I have no trouble with slippage. But the belts
were easily installed with the motor loosened.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of
Oasis654 aol com
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 7:19 AM
To: goodguyforsure hotmail com; owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu;
elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 21:17:54 -0500

In a message dated 6/19/02 10:20:26 PM, goodguyforsure hotmail com wrote:

<< Drive belts. How do I get them out? There is not enough room between the
pulley and frame. Do I have to remove the pulley? Anything I should know
about buying new belts?

John Briese>>

hi john, this is often a problem.  recently i loosened the 4 motor mounting
bolts, and this gave enough room to slip belts around.  on transaxel end,
sometimes i've loosened bolts holding tranny in place, just enough to slip
belts around.
    if there's an easier way, i'd like to know too. good luck, jon k