(ET) Electric Toro

Hello all, in addition to my WheelHorse C-185, I also have an old Toro carefree electric 16. I've been trying to find more info on it but with not much luck. The label with the model and serial number is long gone. The info on the motor is as follows...
09843 23 M030MM
2 28 75
12V

The guy I bought it off of was using a lawn mower 12V starting battery in it, needless to say it didn't last very long, so I put in a 12V deep cycle trolling motor battery, still doesn't last very long. I've contacted Toro without much success. Does anyone have any idea where I can get more info. I had thought the trolling motor battery would work, but it didn't for very long. I may also need to get a different type of charger as the one I'm using is a inexpensive 6V/12V charger from walmart.
Thanks for any info, Tony
--
-----
Sent from Anthony Bailey KC0HZP (mailto:abailey clas net)