Re: Re: (ET) What was that crash?

In a message dated 6/6/02 9:35:57 AM, ssawtelle fcc net wrote:

<<

  When I got the thing, the safety feature that prevents it from starting
without your foot on the pedal was already broken.  I ordered the parts to
fix it, but never got around to it. (Those round tuits are hard to find --
mine are all square!)  Now, it seems something has shorted and turned the
motor on even though the key switch is off.

  Question:  Is this likely to be a bum relay or just the key switch?
This
happened on a damp night, although the E-10 is under cover.

hi all, i had this same thing happen while working on the e10 and the wind
blew the hood down suddenly and started the traction motor.  the key was
off
too.  problem was not the key, but one of the relays that got jarred when
the
hood slammed shut.  it got fixed by someone else so cant say exactly which
relay it was, but there aren't many on the e10.  good luck, jon k