Re: (ET) advice needed (continued)

On 6 Jun 2002 at 9:51, Barry Woods wrote:

> The reverse relay clicks in
> as it should when the throttle is moved down.  When the throttle  is
> moved to
> the left to go into reverse speed #1 I can hear a click (I think the
> contactor) but the power meter goes immediately to mid-yellow but nothing
> happens and I get a slight hot/burnt smell.

Even though the reverse relay is clicking, are you sure it's actually
doing
its job?  The contacts on it may be burnt or damaged.  It sounds like you
have no motor field current in reverse, which would be consistent with a
defective reverse relay.

Bill Gunn has replacement F/R relays which require a bit of re-routing
wires.  It's not a big deal to do this.  Or, depending on which contacts
on
the F/R relay are burned, you may be able to  swap the FW relay for the
F/R
relay.

Don't try to reverse the E15 again until you check this -- you can damage
things this way.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all

thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.

Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion

Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                -- Harper's Index, April 2002