Re: (ET) Mower blades

Don't take them to the dump - send them to me! I disagree with the notion
that electraks cannot be repaired without parts from Bill Gunn. For my
part, I've only ordered one thing from Bill Gunn, the brake upgrade kit.
I'm not interested in restoring them as historical pieces.  I want a
functioning electric tractor. Coming from that point of view, I have seen
very little on these things that I could not work around or find locally.
BTW, on my E10 I use mower blades from Agri-Supply, #96-004.  They have a
3/8" hole, so I bored out and rethreaded the motors for 3/8 fine thread.
They have worked fine for 2 going on 3 summers, and I will always be able
to get those blades

Brad

In a message dated Thu, 23 May 2002 12:33:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gtlight vol com writes:

>       If we don't keep Bill in business, We may just as well take our
>       little Toys (Elec-Traks) and take them to the dump. The fact is
> most of
>       the parts can ONLY be supplied by Bill. I have a small supply of
> new and
>       used parts that are kept in reserve just in case. No one else as
> the
>       30 plus year old parts. Try to buy a circuit card for your E15 or
> E20, You
>       will not find it.  As Dwight said BILL IS OUR SINGLE POINT OF
>       FAILURE.

  Brad