From: "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com>
To: "'Elec-Trak Email Discussion List'" <>
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 9:51 AM
Subject: RE: (ET) Other lifts....

> I'm forwarding the text from an excellent e-mail with pictures from Shaun
down in Australia.  He has done an excellent job of making a nice front
loader that is very competitive with the 'Johnny Lift' I posted about
earlier.  Since the pictures will not post, I'm forwarding them to Don
Barry
(don barry kmtc com) who keeps the http://www.elec-trak.org page.  I really
think others will want to see what Shaun has done.  I also asked Shaun to
send any sketches he has on as I think this is something many of us will
want to try.  Great job Shaun!

> Larry Elie
>

> "
> Dear Larry
>
> I am an ET owner in South Australia and follow the 'List' discussions. I
thought you would like to know of the Oz Bucket that you can make for $50.
> It  fits on the front implement mount and comfortably lifts 250lbs of
dirt, bricks or whatever.
> The bucket has a spring loaded latch at the top which is released to dump
the load.  The bucket latches again when the front winch lowers it to the
ground.
> I run the winch strap down to a roller on the bucket hitch and back up to
the front hitch bracket to give the winch motor an easy time!
> If the  front implement mount is already on the tractor, it takes about 4
minutes to fit the bucket. (I usually fit the mount after I have finished
the mowing season halfway into Fall).
> I can look out the drawings if you are interested (and if I can find
them!!).  Materials are pieces of flat steel and steel angle - no bending!
Oh hey, and a little bit of welding!   Some pictures follow: I did not send
these to the list as they don't take pictures, but please forward this to
the other interested guys and I will follow any discussion and answer
questions.