RE: (ET) Other lifts....

I'm forwarding the text from an excellent e-mail with pictures from Shaun
down in Australia.  He has done an excellent job of making a nice front
loader that is very competitive with the 'Johnny Lift' I posted about
earlier.  Since the pictures will not post, I'm forwarding them to Don
Barry (don barry kmtc com) who keeps the http://www.elec-trak.org page.  I
really think others will want to see what Shaun has done.  I also asked
Shaun to send any sketches he has on as I think this is something many of
us will want to try.  Great job Shaun!

Larry Elie

"
Dear Larry

I am an ET owner in South Australia and follow the 'List' discussions. I
thought you would like to know of the Oz Bucket that you can make for $50.
It  fits on the front implement mount and comfortably lifts 250lbs of
dirt, bricks or whatever.
The bucket has a spring loaded latch at the top which is released to dump
the load.  The bucket latches again when the front winch lowers it to the
ground.
I run the winch strap down to a roller on the bucket hitch and back up to
the front hitch bracket to give the winch motor an easy time!
If the  front implement mount is already on the tractor, it takes about 4
minutes to fit the bucket. (I usually fit the mount after I have finished
the mowing season halfway into Fall).
I can look out the drawings if you are interested (and if I can find
them!!).  Materials are pieces of flat steel and steel angle - no bending!
 Oh hey, and a little bit of welding!   Some pictures follow: I did not
send these to the list as they don't take pictures, but please forward
this to the other interested guys and I will follow any discussion and
answer questions.

Shaun
sclamp senet com au
"