(ET) Other lifts....

Many people seem interested in a loader.  Expensive, hard to find, mount
etcera.  Cadloder has designed something that would work.  In addition;
Johnny Lift http://www.simpletractors.com/sponsors/johnny_products.htm
makes something that does perhaps half of what a real loader can do (i.e.,
it can't lift anything very high) and costs $400.  Not cheap, but it may
stir someone.  I e-mailed them;

"
Larry,
I would consider doing one for the front if I had one in hand for a
couple of weeks and had a little more info such as interchangeability
between tractors.
Thanks for your interest,
Sincerely,
John Scheele
Johnny Products, LLC

> I have a couple of old GE Electraks.  Actually, there are dozens of
us enthusiasts that still keep them running.  At 900 lbs with
batteries, they have plenty of traction.  Anyway, the only parts dealer
still in the country has no more loaders.  GE did market a full
hydraulic loader (as well as a forklift) in the early 70's but people
who find these in running condition pay about $1000 for them.  They are
nice; lift 600 lbs to 6' and dump, etc.  Now the GE has a back sleeve-
hitch, http://www.elec-trak.org/ so it's obvious that the Johnny-Lift
would fit in back, but the front of the GE has a very simple mount, and
an electric front winch that lifts a 350 lb snow-thrower pretty well...
Has anyone ever adapted a Johnny-Lift to the front of a GE Electrak
E12/E15 or E20?  If so, how much lift did they get from it?  I'm not
worried about weight or traction; I can pull my dad's Bollens 20 HP
twin backwards without too much trouble.

> That and I'm trying to adapt a one-way disc-plow to the GE....

"

I am not in the need of the bucket right now.  I think I would go to the
frame instead of the blade mount; easier to get on and off.

Oh, and that disc-plow comment.  Yes, I'm trying to build a one-disc
disc-plow for the GE (actually for any sleeve-hitch tractor).  I need
something cleaner than a molboard plow, and this looks promising.  Well,
no promises...

Larry Elie