Re: (ET) Lights

Jeremy,

I have a couple GE 4350 sealed beam bulbs ( 60 watts at 36 volts ) that I mounted on "posts" which I inserted into the front fender mounts on my I-5. They were excellent for yard work lights. Plugged them into the 20 amp receptacle. I never used them for mowing, or anything, because they were mounted too high (6 feet).  I don't know why something like that wouldn't work if you made a lower bracket that would allow opening the hood.  These bulbs are for a 36 volt fork lift. They fit into a standard tractor light housing. I came across them years ago when I was upgrading tractor lights from 35 watts to 60 watts. I haven't checked lately to see if they're still available, but they should be. They were a standard. They seemed to have a good hour life. They were the only 36 volt bulbs of any legitimate use that I have found. There may be others available for fork lift use, however, that would fit into the front sockets.

Gary Woodard

  Jeremy Gagliardi com wrote:

Automotive bulbs seem to come only in 12 or 24V varieties.

Has anyone tried to hook up the lights to the full 36V and then put
three 12V bulbs in series?

--
mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com