RE: (ET) Dozer and Lift Motor

On 2 Apr 2002 at 9:50, Elie, Larry (L.D.) wrote:

> What's the trick?  I have NEVER gotten the hand adjustment right!

Maybe the fact that the end of the cable broke off, so it's now a bit
shorter, made it work better?  Just a wild guess.  But it worked fine for
me
before, too, so maybe not.

I didn't know that this was an "ET challenge" since I've not had much
trouble with the blade lever, aside from the sticky cable (lubed) and
broken
cable end (fixed).  I will have to take some pix of my ET's blade lever
setup as it is now, and post them.  Maybe that will help.

I still have the blade on the ET.  I'm considering leaving it on all
summer.
I'm hoping that the (new-to-me) Avco rider (ER8-36 clone) can do most or
all
of my mowing work in the summer.  Much depends on whether it can handle
our
hills, and whether its little battery pack has enough capacity.  But if
so,
the blade might stay on the E15 year-round.

By the time I get done with putting on the blade, chains, and weight box,
the summer/winter changeover takes me the better part of a day -- and of
course I'm usually trying to do it while the snow is piling up and the
garage is at 15-20 degrees.  <g>

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.
Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion
Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                                          -- Harper's
April 2002