RE: (ET) Dozer and Lift Motor

What's the trick?  I have NEVER gotten the hand adjustment right!

Larry Elie

-----Original Message-----
From: David Roden (Akron OH USA) [mailto:roden ald net]
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 11:51 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: Re: (ET) Dozer and Lift Motor

As far as I know, the snow and dozer blades are the same.

The only problem I've had with the hand control for the blade is that the
end of the cable where it connects to the blade release lever on the blade
broke off (twice).  I bent the wire over 90 degrees, and crimped on a 3/8"
ring terminal (electrical lug).  Works fine so far, though I didn't get to
use it much all winter.

When my handgrip got stiff, I worked several drops of speedometer cable
lubricant down the cable from the hand grip (Lock-Ease works fine too).
Now
I do this at the beginning of each snow season.  It's messy, but it makes
the cable work smoothly.  In general I like the design of this blade
pivot;
it's very easy to use as long as you keep it lubed.

In addition to adjusting the trip springs as others have noted, you might
want to touch up the angle of the blade edge for a less or more aggressive
cut.  Loosen the bolts and slide the edge up or down so it curves less
straight ahead or more.  (Look at the blade bottom, and this will make
more
sense.)  I think Bill can still provide a replacement if that edge strip
is
worn down.

I've used the blade for both dirt and snow.  For the latter, I prefer it
the snow thrower.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
1974 Avco New Idea 36vdc
Thou shalt not send me any thing which says unto thee, "send this to all
thou knowest."  Neither shalt thou send me any spam, lest I smite thee.
Est. yearly US cost to safeguard Persian Gulf oil supply: $50 billion
Est. 2001 value of US crude oil imports from Persian Gulf: $19 billion
                                                          -- Harper's
April 2002