RE: (ET) Dozer and Lift Motor

Coincidentally I was using my 48" bade Saturday as well.  The belt path for
the blade is different from the mower deck.  For the blade it runs out from
the motor, over the first bar and then directly down to the blade.

I loosened up the hand clamp by lubing the cable with Dri-Slide (molybdenum
disulfide).  You can get it at any bicycle shop and probably at other
places.  This is the best lube I've found for cables, hinges, swiveling
wheels (mower deck), and other jobs where there is very close metal to
metal
contact between two pieces and you don't want to disassemble the works just
to lube it.

You can also adjust the trip springs using the nuts at the top.  The manual
is your best reference for that.

Take care,
Andy

Andrew G. Poush
GE Industrial Systems
Turbine Controls Engineer
Rm 174 * 1501 Roanoke Blvd. * Salem, VA 24153
ph 540-387-8066 (dc 278-8066) * fax 540-387-7652