(ET) Dozer Lift and FW

Jeremy,

 You bet, having the manuals on line makes it super easy to help when
people
have problems with their new tractors.

 Over the weekend I was playing around with my E14 that has been motor
upgraded to an E15. One of the problems with the up grade from a PM motor
the E15 motor was the fixed field voltage. On an E14 you have armature
reversing relays as there is no field needed for a PM motor. So the up
grade
kit just adds 36 volts to the field any time the motor is running. As you
might expect the motor is not running as fast as it could under low loads.
So last night I put a 10 ohm resister in series with the field and noticed
that the motor indeed ruins faster. Now I am thinking how to integrate FW
into my E14/15. I guess a switch for low/high speed to place a resistor in
series? If new electronics is required, I would like to upgrade to a
controller that could control an E15 or E20 motor. In the past the problem
has always been the field/armature requirements for the GE motors. Golf
cart
motors for the most part are series, so most cart controllers will not
work.

Any one have a good idea or part number for a controller?

 Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net
IP Phone 317.278.4014   Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.