Re: (ET) Front Mower Lift

Yes - mostly.

Mine wimped out on me very much like that last fall, so I got a window motor from the local junk yard. The only unit they could locate was set up for the opposite side from what the ET uses so I had to use the gear assembly from the bottom of the original unit. It also only had two external electrical connections, whereas the ET has three. The junk yard unit had one of the brushes wired directly to the case, so that the case served as the third connection. Works fine in a car with a negative ground. Not good in an ET where the common of the lift is not at ground. To get around that, I cut the brush loose from the case and ran a wire back out as a third connection.

Seems to work just fine. I'm running it at 18v. Maybe you can find one with a three wire connection and make it easier. I have a picture of the electrical surgery if you're interested.

- Tom Coate
E-20 Leesburg, VA