Re: (ET) stainless steel

My new batteries came with SS nuts and lockwashers for the threaded posts.

                    Gary Woodard

                    <farmallcub57 yahoo com>         To:     SteveS
<ssawtelle fcc net>, elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
                    Sent by:                         cc:

                    owner-elec-trak cosmos phy       Subject:     Re: (ET)
stainless steel
                    .tufts.edu

                    02/08/02 09:34 AM

It should be much better, Steve, however I haven't tried it on the
batteries, myself. Mine are still the originals! I do the same as you with
lots of other things, however!

Gary Woodard  ( I-5)

  SteveS <ssawtelle fcc net> wrote:
 As I've been going thru my tractor, I've been replacing fasteners with
 stainless counterparts. I do this on my old motorcycles as SS looks good
 and
 is easier to deal with on the next disassembly. However I've never dealt
 with battery corrosion very much. So the question is: Is stainless any
 better in the ET environment (battery gases and liquids)? I searched the
 web, but didn't find much that addresses this particular use of SS.

 - Steve S
 E12S

Do You Yahoo!?