Re: (ET) Red Hot Resistor

Related question, the PO of my E15 had disabled those 2 lower speeds (and
the 2 highest speeds), telling me I wouldn't need them and they aren't
efficient anyway since the resistor is running down your battery. In using
my tractor I haven't felt the need for them I usually just shift gears. I
find that the 3 speeds I have left are just fine. My previous ICE tractor
is hydrostatic  so I understand the convenience of a wide range on the
speed control, but I have also used plenty of tractors that were standard
and you had to shift.

I plan on my kids using the tractor when they are older so I will be
rewiring and re-enabling all the safety features that were bypassed by the
PO. I have to agree with him on the speed control though, when my kids are
using it I don't want them driving around in the 2 lower speeds, or using
the 2 highest speeds in high gear and having an accident at (relatively)
high speed.

Opinions from the list? Practical uses for the the lowest or highest gears?