Re: (ET) Red Hot Resistor

In a message dated 1/16/02 6:57:33 PM, habooly earthlink net wrote:

<<My E12 was running fine and then stopped. Now, when I put it in forward
or
reverse, the 'fuel gauge' goes all the way to the left and the 'power-use
gauge' goes all the way to the right. Also, the metal strap which is
located in front of the charger and looks like it is wrapped around a
ceramic plate, gets red hot, in less than 10 seconds.>>

in a similar situation the metal strap that you speak of, which is
actually a
big resistor, had been pushed too far forward and was touching the metal
plate in front of it.  i had to replace the resistor band cause it was
burned
clear thru.  then it ran fine and i made sure not to push the resistor
bands
too far forward after that.  good luck, jon k