Re: (ET) Red Hot Resistor

I'm not the best source for this info, but one place to look for a dead
short is fat wires getting chewed by the motor pulley.  It looks like the
previous owner of mine had trouble with that.

Also, from the recent discussion about how the motor is designed, I'm
wondering if you'd see this behaviour if the shunt field of the motor
wasn't getting power.  Check to see if the field wires got pulled off.

>>> "Christopher Zach" <czach computer org> 1/16/2002 7:03:43 PM >>>
Sounds like a dead short somewhere. I'm surprised that the fusable link
hasn't blown.

Then again maybe the resistor is functioning as a load (toaster) in some
odd
way. Regardless, I think you have a problem. Somewhere along the line there
is another wire that is very warm. Or perhaps the motor is shorting out
somewhere.

Chris