RE: (ET) Picking up the E20 on Thursday!

Chris,

 I think the way the tractor was built in the 70's is safe enough. But be
sure all the safety devices are still in place on your tractor and in
working order. The power disconnect switch and the fuse link are a good
place to start. If it gets hot you need to figure out why. Be sure the
fuses
and circuit breaker have not been by-passed. Also the safety switch on the
seat is there for a good reason, do NOT by-pass it. This switch will wear
out, get a new one from Bill Gunn. The safety switch on the tractor seat
saved me when I was moving my 22ft sailboat. I forgot to pull the wheel
chocks and when I started the tractor it went stright up, the switch did
its
job and the tractor went slowely back down and no damage was done. ET's
will
climb a brick wall if they get traction.

Also the therminal switches need to be checked (all the motors have one)
they are the last line of defence to save your motors.

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net
IP Phone 317.278.4014   Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.