(ET) Sticky Accelerator

From Lee:

A couple of guys asked me to tell how I fixed the sticky accelerator on my E-20. BTY: Thanks to all you guys who made helpful suggestions.

First, Remove the cover of the switchbox. Immediately it works better! Two problems are apparent:

1. The grease is old, like sticky tar, which explains why it was worse in cold weather. Solution: Remove the old grease. (I used WD-40 and a rag.) Then add a dab of fresh grease.

2. The push-nut that connects the gizmo to the whatchamacallit had worked loose, letting the gizmo drag on the cover. (See glossary below!)
Solution:  Push the push-nut back to tighten up the linkage.

Glossary:
Gizmo: An L-shaped piece that connects the spring bolt from the accelerator to the whatchmacallit.

Whatchmacallit: A rod sticking out from the switch box that moves up and down activating the switches.

So now it works fine, at least in the shop. I haven't had it out on the trail yet.

Again, thanks to everybody.  This bulletin board is great!