Re: (ET) Speed control

At 09:13 PM 1/7/02 , Christopher Zach wrote:

What kind of speed control do the elec-tracs use? Variable volatge on the
field windings?

Yes, field weakening for the higher speeds for the larger machines

Stepped volatges off the batteries?

No, only for the lift motor(s) and the lights

Big hunking resistors (I hope not, the waste!)?

Yup. Just forward of the charger.

Primitive pulse based throttle?

Some members have done this.

Paul Abendroth           pabendro gemair com

"There are those who will wish you good morning.
 If it is a good morning, which I doubt."
                                       - Eyore