Re: (ET) Tractor size

At 09:07 AM 01/07/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Lee: I haven't been able to figure out how to reply so everyone can read
it,

From Lee: I had trouble with that too for a while. What I do is click on 'reply', then delete the 'to' address and copy in the electrac address, which is what I'm doing this time, to get it to everybody. There's probably an easier way.

but that's exactly the reason I quit using my I-5 / E-20 ! I experimented with a number of dry lubes for the slide plate in the control box on the side (which contains the microswitches). I was going to try to come up with a solid state controller, but didn't, so.........it just sits, waiting for me to get the time! I used it for over 12 years. Bought it new. Have an excellent snow thrower for it that I'd like to be able to use right now, but as you said, the problem gets worse in cold weather. A new technology speed control on the ETs would make them compete very well with any mower in this new century!

Gary Woodard

  Lee Richardson <lrichard jbc edu> wrote:

>>>My e12 measures 80" long, 37" wide (got fat tires on it) and 43" high.
The e20 may be a little bigger, not sure.

From Lee:

I've had my E-15 in my little Toyota pickup any number of times with no
problem. Lots of room. The E-20 has the same chassis as the E-15. I
believe that only the electronics are different. Maybe a bigger motor. (I,
too, have a 'new' E-20, but I haven't got it into full service yet. This I
do know: It follows the same track on my mountain-side trail as the E-15
and the old E-15 mower fits on it perfectly.)

One problem with the E-20 that I haven't looked into yet. When I let up on
the 'gas' (throttle) the tractor is slow about stopping, as if the pedal is
returning through molasses or something. Surely this is not normal. Does
anyone know the answer, to save me doing a lot of 'experimenting' looking
for the answer? I notice that it's especially slow about shutting down in
cold weather. Pulling up on the pedal doesn't seem to help.

Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/>video emails in <http://rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/tag/?http://mail.yahoo.com/>Yahoo! Mail.