RE: RE: (ET) different wiring

I was thinking that the 12V battery would be charged by tapping the whole
36V pack via the 4A DC-DC converter and adding a 4A charge controller to
regulate the charging. The train of thought also involved converting the
onboard charger into an external charger to free up the room for the 12V
battery. Then when you need big Amps for the lifts you draw down the 12V
battery which is then slowly charged up. BUT the 18V draw of the lift motor
blows that theory. I also tend to only think in terms of my use, I only
have/use the front lift, no tiller.

In any case "ignorance is bliss" I leave it to you more knowledgeable
listees to save me time and effort doing things that won't work.

                    "Elie, Larry (L.D.)"

                    <lelie ford com>                 To:     "'Bob
Murcek'" <RMURCEK geisinger edu>,
                    Sent by:                          elec-trak cosmos phy
tufts edu
                    owner-elec-trak cosmos phy       cc:

                    .tufts.edu                       Subject:     RE: RE:
(ET) different wiring

                    10/31/01 12:47 PM

I use (2) 225 Amp hour batteries, and (4) 210 Amp hour batteries.  Not by
choice, by what I happened to get.  The 225's go to the lights and are also
2 of the 3 that go to the BACK lift (tiller gets a second lift, 18V, on the
opposite 3 batteries as the front lift).  The back lift gets far more use;
tiller is over 250 lbs and gets lifted every row.  The snow blower may be
heavier, but it doesn't get picked up as often.  The 225's go dead as
quickly as the other 210's.  The 225's are also slower to charge, forcing
me to charge an extra 20 to 40 minutes for balance until I made the
equalizer.

As far as Jeff's suggestion on one more battery; sure, with one more
charger.  Maybe 2 more batteries; a 12 and a 6, and use 18V for the lift;
but where do you put them?  The GE charger is 14Amps AC max; you might have
to plug in the other charger(s) elsewhere as well.  I have tripped a 20 amp
breaker with a good 12 V charger (isolated) on 2 batteries and the GE on
all 6.

Larry Elie