Re: (ET) Cruise control

Jim wrote:
> Larry,
>
> Just to clear up the cruise control.
>
> On the E20 and C-185 WITH the FOOT speed control, the cruise button is
> just that (a cruise control) as you otherwise have to keep your foot
> steady all the time when mowing, etc. The Turtle and the hare indicate 2
> cruise speeds.  On the 15  (145) and down with the HAND speed control it
> is a "power pulse switch" used to kick the motor into full power
> momentarily by over riding the centrifugal switch on the motor. The 20
> and 185 do not need this "pulse sw." as they are a whole different beast
> (motor) and don't need a centrifugal switch. When you press on the foot
> pedal you get instant raw power
>
> Your 20 sounds very unusual. I'm not sure if that's good or bad!! :) Are
> you sure it is a 20?? as the 20 motor is quite different like I said.
>
> Hope this helps, Jim

Possibly the reason for my 20 having a hand throttle instead of a foot
pedal is that my father was walking with a cane at the time he bought it
and possibly thought the hand throttle would work better for him.  With
the hand throttle, they overlayed the "turtle & hare" part of the
console with a small board that contained a "Fwd/Rev" switch and
"Cruise" button, which acts like a power pulse.

--
 mailto:Jeremy Gagliardi com