(ET) battery charger

I have an E15 and the charger is not charging the batteries as I'm only
drawing 5.6V/each even with charger on.  I'm going to work on it Saturday.
Bill gunn told me how to check to see if it is the charger or a bad
connection.  What I want to find out for now, can one use a 6V charger to
charge each battery in the meantime, so we can use the E15 for doing lawn
mowing?  I've notice 36V chargers on the web for $250-350.  I assume that I
could charge the system using this one?  thanks for any info.

Vince Albrecht of Crystal lake, IL