From: marty canada [mailto:emcanada yahoo com]
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 1:54 PM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Yep Dead Charger

While I was gone to get the hydrometer I again attempted to charge the
pack.

6.2 to 6.35 on the batteries before I left. 6.0 to6.2 when I came back.

So my conclusion is that while the charger is making a nice hummmmmm it is
not making volts.

It is close to 90 degrees today so I am going to wait until it cools down
this evening and swap the charger out of the E-15 and see if that is the
problem.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I also own a  Electric John
Deere riding mower that uses three 12 v deep cycle batteries. If worst
comes
to worst does any one know if this charger has the capacity to handle the
E-12 ? The look the same but I don't want to ruin either.

Thanks for the quick responses on my problem.

Marty