(ET) New (to me) deck motor failure mode.

90 deg. weather and mowing don't go hand in hand to me.  Regardless, I
tried a little mowing.  Suddenly I saw smoke on my right motor.  Quickly
shut down with the two wires welded together.  First guess was the wires;
wrong.  I pulled the lid, made new connections, and tried again.  The
insulation caught fire.  The motor was TURNING, and the current (load)
meter was in the red.  I swapped out the motor, and will pull that puppy
apart when I get the chance.  It spins freely, just yanks tons of current.
 My guess; some wire on the armature are fused together.  I have spares.
Just a bit exciting, my other motor failures have been much less exciting.

Larry Elie