Re: (ET) Valve Stems

you wrote:

All the discussion on cast vs. welded axles brought to mind a question.
My E-15 has the cast front axle.  The front wheelshave the valve stems
on the inside.  The wheel geometry prevents turning them so that the
stem is on the outside.  Is this standard?

                                        Rhett George

From Lee in Tennessee:

I think the difference is in the width of the wheels. My E-15 (cast iron axle) has narrow front wheels/tires and the valve stems are on the outside. My E-20 (Steel axle) has wide front wheels/tires and the only way they will fit is with the valve stems facing in. I have no idea what was standard. Maybe the wide tires were an optional extra, for extra protection for the turf (?)