(ET) No Brakes

Well on the advice of the list I found out why my E-12 wouldn't charge.
The capicator was bad. After I replaced it the batteries charged fine.

Last night I used it to mow my 2.5 acres and it was great. EXCEPT !

As I was going down the slope on the front of my property on the first run
I discovered that the brakes don't work. When I press the pedal I feel no
resistance and the tractor doesn't even slow down let alone stop.

Any advice on finding the problem ?

Marty Canada
E-12 With tiller, snow blade, Plow and chain saw
E-15 (project)
John Deere riding mower (36V)
Zanesville, Ohio