Re: (ET) Seats

Larry,

If you check the pics of my ET, I had mine recovered. Any auto upholstery
shop can do the job. Of course they lack the logo, though. But the better
padding they put in makes it more than worthwhile. I had mine done in tuck
and roll black leather, cost was about $150. Vinyl was about $75.

Don

Don Barry
see http://www.elec-trak.org
Houston, Texas

>>> "Elie, Larry (L.D.)" <lelie ford com> 06/28/01 11:22AM >>>
Just a note on seats.

The original ET seats are pretty much all cracked by now.  Vinyl doesn't
last 30 years well.  Bill has seats that fit, but they aren't the original
GE logo, and go for as I recall $59 or so plus shipping.  Regular lawn
tractors seats are nearly as expensive, are one piece, and don't really
fit.  However, Bill also has a FEW of the wide seats (you can see it on
the GE accessories brochure) left for $79.  I bit.  I got the wide seat.
It isn't the greatest quality (it's on plywood, with the vinyl stapled
on..) but it works real well.  It can easily seat two adults or three
teens.  My kids wonder why I didn't get it earlier.  It doesn't have the
classic good looks of a garden tractor but I could care less.  I suppose
one could adapt a golf cart seat as easily, but this may be the most
useful attachment I have bought.  A normal garden tractor would not work
as well here; the transmission hump would be in the way, and they are too
noisy.  This one is a charmer.  I might even get!
 the canopy, or make one if Bill doesn't have any left.

Larry Elie