   http://www.eeevee.com/ElecTrak/battery_installation.html
This is for the large frame tractors, which it sounds like you have.

Note that as shown, tap wire #12 goes to the negative of battery B4 and
#51 goes to the negative of battery B3, but that wire #51 could also be
connected to the positive of battery B4. Thus both taps could be on the
same battery, but be electrically correct.

If you are unsure as to which tap wire is which, try hooking up just
one, while leaving the other disconnected. If the lights work it is wire
#12; if the lift works it is wire #51.

Also note that you can get the poly bags (and any other needed parts)
from Bill Gunn. Good luck.

Dave Barden wrote:
> ... The former owner of my e-trac removed the batteries and spent
> hours trying to figure out the correct placement and wiring of
> the batteries!  I am not really sure they are wired correctly as
> they don't appear to match the pictures that I have available to
> me ie both the 12v and 18v taps are on the same battery.

_________
Jim Coate
1992 Chevy S-10
1970s Elec-Trak E20