Re: mower deck motors, bearings, was: Re: (ET) Weeder / Cultivator

Hi,
You still could have a bent mower shaft.  You may have just reassembled it
in a method that minimizes the effect.  Try this:

Loosen up the blade in question, leaving it just snug but free enough that
you can rotate the motor shaft while keeping the blade stationary.

Get the blade tip of the "bad" motor aligned with the blade tip of the
nearest motor which will be used as a blade height reference.  The 2 should
be in line :)

Anyway, rotate the shaft of the "bad" motor while keeping the blade in line
with the reference blade.  If you see the height change, chances are the
shaft is bent.  You should be able to verify this by taking off the blade
and the flange and checking run out with a dial indicator.

I have run for years with a slightly bent motor shaft but be sure that
blade
is mounted 90 degrees to the bend.  You do this by doing the procedure
above, rotating the motor shaft to the blade so that BOTH blade tips of the
"bad" motor have the same height to the reference blade.

Hope this helps
Dean A. Stuckmann