(ET) Re: Stopping corrosion

Another idea:

I have used WAXOYL on my cars for years.  It is an undercoating product.
It does not really dry.  It stays kind of waxy or like heavy grease.  It
converts light rust into the inert dark stuff like the rust reformer
products.  It can not be painted over.  It will self heal if cut, and it
doesn't chip off.  I will use it in my battery boxes when I replace the
batteries this fall.  The down side is that it is not hard, it can get on
fingers etc.  I also have a nice coating of wheel bearing grease on all of
the battery connections - never a speck of corrosion in something like 15
years.

Dave

Dave  Tief.  N1WWY,  Addie Tief.  N1XQP
Tribble,  Noodles,  Cecil,  Bandit,  Scooter and Magic.
Visit our web page at http://users.abac.com/dandatief
See the bunnies,  generators, and progress on the tractor and owner-builder
house