(ET) mower motor removal?

 Hello Folks,

I've recently gotten an E-20 with what I believe are the larger motors on
the front mower deck.  I put some DC power to them and got one to run
nicely
but the other two are both rough/stiff upon turning and show no signs of
life with power applied to the contacts on top.

I decided to "remove the motors" to take them into someplace warm to clean
them up and probably send them off to be serviced.  I fought with the 4
small nuts/bolts that go through the flanges and the deck on one motor.
Upon removal of the fasteners the motor appears to be solidly fixed.

Am I missing something here?

I need to take the motors off later this Spring and install them on a
better
mower deck.  Is this possible?

Do I need to be more forceful with the motor housing to "pop" it loose.  I
hesitate to do this.  I plan to reinstall the refurbished motors on a much
sounder deck later this Spring.  Can I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven Frankenfield