Re: (ET) mower motor removal?

In a message dated 3/26/1 5:08:34 PM, res08b3w verizon net wrote:

<<
Do I need to be more forceful with the motor housing to "pop" it loose.  I
hesitate to do this.  I plan to reinstall the refurbished motors on a much
sounder deck later this Spring.  Can I do this?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven Frankenfield

hi steven,  yes the motors should pop off once you have the 4 bolts out of
the flange.  sometimes there is also a stainless steel strap clamp around
the
motor and a piece of deck framing, but thats pretty obvious if its there.
    the motors should fit easily onto another similar deck.  perhaps they
need some persuading to get them loose from the deck.  some gentle taps
with
a rubber hammer or a block of wood will probably do it.  good luck, jon k