-----Original Message-----
From: JohnKelly oaktech com [mailto:JohnKelly oaktech com]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 1:25 PM
To: hazen indiana edu
Cc: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu;
owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu; wombat RealNS com
Subject: RE: (ET) batteries- Internal Impedance

Sears' Auto department uses a fancy computerized impedance tester to decide
if your DieHard has died easy but the box is just a more elaborate version
of the load testers which have been discussed here from time to time.  As a
battery ages it looses the ability to supply high current at close to the
rated voltage.  This is caused by a rise in internal impedance.  Lower
impedance is better.

                         John Kelly

                    "Hazen, Dwight L"

                    <hazen indiana edu>               To:     "'Neil
Dennis'" <wombat RealNS com>,
                    Sent by:                          Elec-trak
<elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu>
                    owner-elec-trak cosmos phy        cc:

                    .tufts.edu                        Subject:     RE: (ET)
batteries

                    03/26/2001 11:11 AM

Yes, I have head the same thing from the Telco industry. Internal impedance
is the test they use.

  Dwight

Dwight L. Hazen, Indiana University, UITS
Bloomington, In. 47408-7378 Phone 812-855-5367 hazen indiana edu
http://php.ucs.indiana.edu/~hazen/ Ham Radio wb9tlh arrl net