(ET) www.elec-trak.org

Jim,

I liked both the sites, especially the cub cadet one. I'd like to see our
group get to something like that someday. I too want to keep the site
free. The WWW site costs $240/year, plus another $60 for the domain
registration. I've got the WWW site pad up for a year, and the domain for
two. I don't have any problem supporting that effort, as the value of the
discussion is more than worth it.

I think most of us know that Bill Gunn is interested in selling his
business, and he's the GOD of elec-trak parts and knowledge. Ideally, I'd
like to get the WWW site looking good enough, and then offer Bill an ad
for free. We've got to help him find the right buyer for his company, as
that's in our long-term interest, too. I think a good and active WWW site
will "attract" other old-tractor-parts-and-service companies, and
hopefully find a good fit. What do you think?

One of the thoughts was this summer see if two or three of us could go
visit Bill, and do an interview for the WWW site. I'm sure Bill has loads
of lore to tell....

Many folks have emailed me that they have brocures and some dealer manual.
I don't know if Bill sells the actual dealer manual or not. I do know he
sells the owner's service manual 'cuz that's where I got mine. I'd love to
get as many manuals scanned in and published as I can (but I don't want to
hurt Bill's business). He did okay the parts manual being published, as he
doesn't sell it anymore.

Don

Don Barry
Infrastructure Manager, IT
Kirby Corporation
E-Mail: don barry kmtc com
Phone: 713-435-1032
Fax: 713-435-1070

>>> "Jim Bloomstrand" <Buicktruck email msn com> 03/21/01 01:00PM >>>
Don,

Here are the web sites:  www.ihcubcadet.com and www.simpletractors.com .
The forum on the Cub Cadet site charges for placing ads and pictures.  I
believe it is $30.00 for six months.  The Simple TrACtors site is totally
free for the users, but they do require that you register to use the ads
and
discussion mainly to keep track of who is using this site.  I prefer this
method.  I have not paid to use the Cub Cadet site as you can use the open
discussion and email members without subscribing.

Jim