RE: (ET) My first E15 and a reversing problem

At 05:20 PM 02/22/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>It seems that I have caused problems with my e-15 by moving the speed
>control to reverse while rolling (not necessarily under power) forward.
>Can
>moving the speed control into reverse while the motor is still turning
>forward cause a blown reverse relay (I've done this more than once)?  I am
>now careful to come to a complete stop before shifting the control, and no
>problem  I am also using a Bill Gunn improved reversing relay rather than
>the (weaker?) original version.
>
>Pieter Litchfield

>From Lee

Believe it!  When I first got my Electrak I was constantly filing and
replacing relays until I finally wised up and quit using the reversing
switch while rolling.  I haven't had to look at the relays for 8 or 10
years now.  It definitely makes a difference.