Re: (ET) My first E15 and a reversing problem

Unscrew the relay panel behind the front battery compartment (backside of
the instrument panel, I guess you'd call it) and tilt it forward.  With
main power on and transaxle in neutral (you may have to bypass the seat
switch), move the speed control toward reverse and back toward forward.
The reverse relay should click in and out as you do so. If not, check for
a bad microswitch in the speed control, dirty connections or
misadjustment on the microswitch, and for a failure of the reverse relay.
 If you need a new relay, Bill Gunn has 'em.

The homeowners' service manual has a series of flow charts for
troubleshooting these kinds of problems.  If you don't have one yet, I
recommend it highly.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
1991 Solectria Force 144vac
1991 Ford Escort Green/EV 128vdc
1979 General Engines ElectroPed 24vdc
1974 Honda Civic EV 96vdc
1970 GE Elec-trak E15 36vdc
NOTE: If you receive an email which exhorts you to "Send
this to everyone you know," you don't know me.