(ET) charger controller

To the list:

There seems to have been some more activity lately regarding charge controllers. You may recall that last year I mentioned that I had a circuit that worked for me. Bob Donlevy and Jon K talked me into making the PC boards for about 25, and they have been using them for some months now. They seem happy, so I can offer them to the rest of you. The circuit monitors the battery voltage till it falls below 39V, then turns on a solid state relay that controls the charger. The charger stays on for approximately 5 min then shuts off and waits until the voltage again falls to 39V. There are 2 wires that must be connected to the +bat and -bat ends of the battery pack, either on the batteries themselves or someplace equivalent away from the acid and grunge. There are 2 screws on the solid state relay that break the power to the charger. You can connect them to the 2 switched wires from the timer if you are using the stock charger.The whole thing is less than 2" X 3" X 1.5". It can be mounted most anywhere, The setpoint is easily adjustable, but I recommend 39V.I have been using an equivalent circuit for over 10 years on an E8 and a E12, and it has worked well. The price will be $40, including shipping (USPS Priority Mail) to anywhere in the US. I am out of the country now, and will be back in about 6 weeks, so I can´t do anything till then, but this will give everyone time to think about it.

Harry Landis