(ET) Battery Charger

It would very helpful to sort out the various thoughts on battery chargers
and come up with recommendations.  Personally, here's what I would like to
know:
1. What can be done to the existing GE charger to improve it's battery
charging performance?
2.  What about the E-Z-GO auto shut-off circuit board idea?
3.  There have been several other homemade charger projects talked about,
but
no final answers.
4. What is the best replacement charger?  Is it the Lestronic with a 5 amp
"finish" current?  Are there other makes that are as good or better than
the
Lester?

The battery problem is one of the biggest ones facing Elec-Trak owners.
Lack
of proper battery care and maintenance can render the tractors useless.

If everyone put down their favorite thought(s) on the subject, one of us
could put together a master sheet that all the members could have to refer
to.  We could hopefully make some better decisions.