-----Original Message-----
From: owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
[mailto:owner-elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu]On Behalf Of
gspointer2 webtv net
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 6:21 AM
To: elec-trak cosmos phy tufts edu
Subject: (ET) Advice?

Hello People,
                       I have an E12M that seems to be experiencing some
minor problems and I was hoping for some expert advice. the tractor has
been in semi retirement but running well on its 4 year old batteries. It
has been outside in very cold temperatures and covered with a tarp.
Recently, when I went to use it, it had barely enough juice to crawl to
a place where I could plug it in. I got it within extension cord range
and plugged in the charger. Now when I check the fuel gauge it reads
charged but as soon as I turn the ignition key to the on position the
needle on the gauge pegs to less than empty. The tractor shows no signs
of life. Does anyone out there know what may be causing this??
Please tell me its just bad batteries or the cold weather. Any advice
would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Mark T.
Pennsylvania