(ET) ETC

Hi,
I got some feedback from the folks at the Electric Tractor Corp. I have
enclosed my letter to them and the response.  I will contact Bill so that
he
can personally contact the ETC rep about the business.
Thanx
Dean A. Stuckmann

Hi,
I have an old GE electric tractor that I have used for 20 years now and
love it.  I interact with other ET users on the web. My inquiry is two
fold. One, What can I do to help sell your tractors and equipment?  I'm not
in the market now but want to point other people in the right direction
when they are looking. You do not have a dealer near me.  Do you sell
direct? How much do they cost?  At one time you had a "deluxe" front drive
model with joy stick control. That one looked like a mower's dream come
true. What is the status of that one? Two, a source of parts and
attachments for the "vintage" tractors is looking to get out of the
business.  Would a dealer of your tractor want to take over that business?
It would seem like a good match.  Showing people the longevity of our old
ETs can only help your exposer and sales.
Thank You
Dean A. Stuckmann

Dear Dean,

Thank you very much for your E-Mail.  Let me answer your questions in
order.

1.  Anything you can do to "spread the word" about the availability of our
product would be appreciated.
2.  We are presently in the process of setting up a dealer network in the
U.S.  and are recruiting manufacturing reps to set up dealers for this
spring.  Our present dealers (shown on the web site) sell our towing
product line, primarily to the greenhouse industry but do not do much with
the Electric Ox - MP.    We have been selling direct for the last year into
the U.S. and have been recruiting independent service contractors in the
areas which we sell.  (our focus has been mostly commercial sales)
3.  Pricing for an Electric Ox - MP is A$6950 U.S. plus $1375 for the mower
deck.  Other attachments are separate.
4.  The joystick model was a pre-production prototype.  We found that many
people did not adapt well to the joystick control.  As a result, we
concentrated on a more traditional model first. We will probably still
introduce a zero turning machine at some point, but certainly not in the
next 12 months.
5.  The ET repair business is not something I can really comment on.  I do
know a couple of people who have a personal interest in ET repairs but at
this point, I do not know any of our dealers locations who would be
interested.  If you provide me with the name and address of the person, I
will forward it along to my contacts to see if they know anyone in the area
who might be interested.

Thank you once again for your interest and support.  Please pass the word
along.

Jim Laidlaw
877 533-4333 Ext. 150.