(ET) need air for ET

I'm shopping for an air compressor.  And one of the reasons I want one is
too run a sandblaster for restoring my E-12S.  I've already bought the
pressure tank for the blast media from harbor frieght recommended by
someone
on this list so I thought y'all wouldn't mind throwing in your two-cents
worth about air compressors.  To wit:  Oil-free direct drive vs
piston/oiled,  alum cyl with cast iron sleeves vs all cast iron.  I'm
looking at a sears 33 gal oil free and a porter cable belt drive 25 gal.
model both around 6.8cfm at 90psi.  I know oil free is noisier I'm
wondering
if they are shorter lived as well?  Are they repairable?  portability is
somewhat important to me so that rules out the big stationary models also
want to stay single phase and 15amp.

all comments appreciated.

thanks,

dave