Re: (ET) Diminished speed/power in reverse

Tim,

Like most golf cars they always give you less speed in reverse. However,
the E20 has
5 or 6 speeds in forward, not 3. There is quite an array of micro switches
on that
foot control. If you have a quiet spot and can put your ear down there
(POWER SW OFF
PLEASE!!) you should be able to hear the various switches as you press on
the pedal
with your hand. I have found that they need a periodic cleaning and lube
(I use a
spray called Break Away that does an excellent job on switches and
everything else)
Do not use WD as it tends to delubricate, if that is a word.

I run a few E20s and find them incredibly powerful. When in a hurry
virtual wheel
stands are not uncommon. They are a real neck snapper. Anything less and I
would say
yours needs a check up.

I will run one later and count the speeds in forward and reverse for you.
The thing
I like the most about the E20 (aside from the neck snapping) is the
smoother speed
variations due to the extra steps.

Later,

Jim