(ET) re: Tractor power problems

an update to my previous post, I've also been going thru the wiring checking for corrosion, bad wires, connections, etc. I've found a few and repaired/replaced them but they didn't change the readings on the power useage meter. I also just cleaned the battery terminals and connectors, again with no change in readings.

Somewhere I thought I read that the flat wire resistors up front were to be used only when starting moving and then disconnected from the circuit. If this is true, I guess those resistors could be making the tractor use a lot more power as mine seem to get pretty hot after I'm mowing. I guess I'm back to following the schematics and trying to find something bad in common between the drive and mower motors.
Thanks, Tony
--
this is coming to you from Anthony Bailey KC0HZP (mailto:a636ccr semovm semo edu)
Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girardeau, Missouri  63701